Thursday 27 August 2009

Going home.

After packing up all our stuff, Patrick and I took the tube out to my host family's house to get the rest of my belongings (which they had so generously agreed to hold for me!). I re-packed some things, then we checked email and waited for our airport car to come pick us up--there was no way we could have taken the tube with all my luggage!

We got to the airport VERY early, so we were able to have some lunch and weigh our bags (good thing, too, because one was too heavy and I had to shuffle things around a bit) before we checked in. Unfortunately, I had just started to get sick, so an eleven hour flight was not so nice (even more so than usual). We had seats right in the middle of a row, but one of the aisle seats ended up being empty, so I got to sit there instead--which was good because I made a lot of bathroom trips and used up a lot of Kleenex (a.k.a. toilet paper) on my runny nose. Sorry if that's TMI! :P

Anyway, after a looooong time, we landed and then had to get our luggage and make our way through customs. That took a while--the bags took
forever and the custom's line was a mile long! Finally, we made it through and got outside and saw Hanna and James waiting for us! Eventually, we got to the car (with a tired Dad and Emma and Noah inside) and started home. After a quick bathroom stop (it was necessary), we finally got home. And (for some reason) instead of going straight to bed, I dealt out (with Patrick's help) most of the souvenirs I had brought home for our families. Then we went to bed. WHEW! (and because it had been so long since I'd actually slept, my body got back on track pretty easily!)

At the airport. Our last picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment